With Q1 in the books it’s time to take a look back and see the events that occurred during the quarter. Also it’s a good time to take a look forward and see what is on the radar.
This is the second post updating some of my recent portfolio changes. I have been intrigued by the recent price decline of the telecom juggernaut that is AT&T. Because of several catalysts I added more AT&T here.
- The two juggernauts in telecom, AT&T and Verizon offer investors a 5%+ dividend yield
- Public Storage is the leader in self storage units and has phenomenal financial flexibility
- Realty Income is a perennial investor favorite and “The Monthly Dividend Company”
- All four companies offer investors attractive dividend growth opportunities at currently depressed levels
With the stock market seemingly hitting new all-time highs every week, the common narrative is there are no good investing opportunities left. As a dividend growth investor I am always scouring for stocks that represent a good value to the overall market.
I present four dividend growth stocks worth adding here.
I’ve had an unexpectedly busy month with several buys in July. It all started when I was writing my June portfolio update article. I saw a stock “ESV” in my account that I didn’t recognize.
- I bought more AT&T after receiving my custom stock alert
- Shares crossed over the 5% yield mark which made them look compelling
- Expecting 7-8% annual total returns from this purchase
- 40 more shares will bring an additional $78.40 of income based on today’s dividend rate
I’m playing a little catch-up with my portfolio changes. On May 2nd I bought more AT&T after receiving a text alert that it crossed over 5% dividend yield.
AT&T, along with other telecoms I typically view as cash cows to be periodically purchased at an appropriate yield. I could talk about the underlying business growth but this will just be a slow steady eddy type stock. I’m not expecting rapid growth so initial purchase price is paramount.